Thursday, April 8, 2010

To the end of what was, and to new beginnings....

So having had the thought that i was not cut out for blogs, and that I would never again try my hand in the blog world, here i am again. I did not arrive here without help however ... and my first post though solemn in mood, is a reminder to myself as to why i am writing these thoughts down.

Last friday, I lost a great friend and a mentor that many of you who read this blog know. James Hatton (whom you may know as Bodisama) passed away 4/2/2010. He was the owner and mastermind of DevilDogRubber and one of the most devious minds and creators I've had the pleasure of encountering in my short time on this earth. He will be sorely missed my many, he was a friend to some, acquaintence to many, and in his departure he left his dear partner Matt behind, whom my thoughts go out to deeply.

For those who would like to write something about James or read what has been written by others, I've decided to share the link to his memorial page here -- http://www.bodisama.com ... while you are free to post there, i ask only two things: 1) As this is a public site, try to keep it as G rated as possible while keeping in mind that James was fairly open about his fetish, so use the first few posts as an example of how far is far enough. 2) PLEASE do not ask how he passed away... now is not the time to ask these questions, it is the time to grieve and to celebrate his life and his legacy (or legend if you will ... i prefer to think of James as legendary).

But enough about what has transpired, I came here today to share with you why I've suddenly decided to fall face forward into the blog-world once more.

Once I found out that James had passed away, I found myself increasingly going back to read our lengthy chats, his posts on the devildogrubber blog, as well as his personal livejournal. While reading these random posts and thoughts that he decided to share with us, i came to a sudden realization: These thoughts and ideas that we have, the dreams, the fantasies, and the philosophies are something that makes us who we are. If one were to pass away without having shared these with anyone, then they will be lost forever, but if these thoughts and feelings are shared with those around us, then that part will live on and be carried forth.

Those of you who know me probably know me as a relatively private person ... I don't associate with many people, and I don't go out of my way to meet new friends. In retrospect over the last few years, I have shared my ideas, dreams and fantasies with select few (James being among them), and his death has brought the realization that I am not happy living in my own mind any longer, and I need to share part of myself.

So with that -- this post is the first of what will hopefully many time when I reach out and share a bit of myself with my friends.

And of course I will also be posting kinky things that i think are amusing, as is only befitting a blog where I am sharing my private thoughts.

Rubberfreak

No comments:

Post a Comment