Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Vacation Musings


Right now I'm in the Caribbean aboard one of the largest cruise ships in the world.

Along side me onboard are some five thousand predominantly gay males of all shapes, sizes, colors and preferences from all over the world. They've come together for no other reason than to be free to enjoy themselves and one another.

Amongst those people there are a small number of folks I've been privileged get to know and consider my friends. In some cases those friendships have grown to be my chosen family - An amazingly tangled web of interpersonal, sexual, and dom/sub relationships.

Tonight I spent the night wearing a latex catsuit and listening to a three hour marathon trance show by Marcus Schultz with a handful of my friends and family.

We shared a few drinks, we danced, we laughed at the insanity of everything going on around us. We got sprayed by a glitter cannon. It was insanity.

After that I went to the cafe and had steak. It was 3:30 in the morning. I sat with 5 other guys who I'd never met before who had each had their own long and enjoyable night in whichever way suited them best. We chatted about everything ranging from the trance show, plans for the rest of the trip, to past and future sexual conquests.

Now here I am sitting on my cabin balcony. It's 5:00 in the morning and I'm drinking lemonade, eating a cookie, and listening to the ocean.

I sit here smiling, thinking that my friends have either danced themselves to sleep, or are off some place having a good time.

Tomorrow and for the next few days I'll do whatever makes me happy and I'll be doing it with my friends and family aboard a ship in the Caribbean.

I'm not sure how life has managed to bring my friends and I here together, but I'm glad for it.

I'm Feeling fortunate. Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment